From the President:
“Eaton Academy serves students who benefit from a more customized model of education designed to meet their personal needs.” Those personal needs are academic, social, emotional and physical.
In previous blogs we introduced “B” for Befriend only those that bring out the BEST in you and “E” for Excel in your natural talents. Now it’s time to continue your journey of being your “Potential BEST” by engaging in the following activities specifically designed to meet your personal needs. “S” is for Set goals and do something every day to achieve them.
Set goals and do something every day to achieve them. Motivate yourself to set goals.
Activities, strategies, interventions, and accommodations:
Auditory: A Visual: V Kinesthetic/Tactile: K/T
CONTINUED “Set Goals” Activities:
Previously you were to “ask yourself these questions.” (See below) Now, complete these tasks and decide whether your activity is Auditory-A, Visual-V, and/or Kinesthetic/Tactile-K/T.
- Define and discuss long term goals vs. short term goals. K/T, A
- Define and discuss the word failure. (See definition provided.) K/T, A
- List one goal that you would like to achieve that you believe will positively affect your life. K/T
- Do something every day toward achieving that goal-no matter how small! K/T, A, and/or V
- Make a plan and work the plan. K/T
- Write down in your planner, agenda, or hand held device what you did each day to achieve that goal in five words or less. K/T, V
Ask yourself these questions. Document your answers.
- Write down one View that goal through the next four questions.
- Do you have any goals?
- Do you have a written plan to achieve that goal?
- Do you do a task daily to achieve that goal?
- Have you shared your dream or goal with a friend?