From the President:
“Eaton Academy serves students who benefit from a more customized model of education designed to meet their personal needs.” Those personal needs are academic, social, emotional, and physical.
In last week’s blog, “B” for Befriend, only those that bring out the BEST in you was introduced. You were to ask yourself these questions.
- Do your friends inspire you or make you feel good about yourself?
- Do the activities you engage in with your friends lead you to make good or bad choices?
- Have those choices affected your life positively or negatively?
- Are your friends “there for you” when you most need them?
Now it’s time to start your journey to being your “Potential BEST” by engaging in the following activities specifically designed to meet your personal needs.
This week, you are to complete these activities.
Highlight in yellow if the activity/task/strategy (verb is highlighted in red) is auditory, visual, or kinesthetic/tactile. These strategies will help you practice how to befriend those that bring out the BEST in you. Document your answers in your 3 ring binder.
Complete these tasks. Motivate yourself to choose good friends.
- Choose one friend and note something he/she did or said that helped you through a difficult time in your life. (K/T)
- Choose one friend and note something he/she did or said that hurt you or made you feel bad about yourself. K/T
- Choose one trait or quality that you admire and would like to emulate. K/T
- Create a “T” chart that lists these items. Compare and contrast. K/T
Small group tasks/activities
- Role-play some of these actions that describe your feelings. A and K/T
- Break into small groups and discuss these situations. A and K/T
The goal is to use activities that encourage you to think about how you make friends. Create your own activities that are not listed. Decide whether they are an auditory, visual or kinesthetic/tactile activity. It will help you learn what type of learning activity you prefer and how you naturally learn and absorb information.
Next week, we will provide more “Befriend” activities.