From the President:
“Eaton Academy serves students who benefit from a more customized model of education designed to meet their personal needs.” Those personal needs are academic, social, emotional and physical.
In previous blogs, we introduced “E” for Excel in your natural talents. Now it’s time to continue your journey of being your “Potential BEST” by engaging in the following activities specifically designed to meet your personal needs.
They were designed to help you analyze how you excel in your natural talents and how you prefer to learn information.
These are the LAST activities designed to help you excel in your natural talents.
- Go to YouTube.com and enter Warren Buffett & Bill Gates at Columbia University. It will bring up several choices of varying time lengths that you can watch. Click on each clip you’d like to watch and note the various stories they tell that relate to Befriend, Excel, Set Goals, and Treat with Respect. A/V/K/T
- Learn from the two richest men in America as they discuss business and life in this lecture from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln’s College of Business Administration. Though they’re a generation apart in age and different in style, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett share a mutual respect for each other. With humor and insightful candor, the prosperous pals impart their wisdom about money, passion, and finding one’s place in the world.
- Review concepts of “excel in your natural talents.” Ask students to take note of things each man says during the interview that relates to their own natural talents and how they learned to excel in life. A/K/T
- Break into groups and discuss the lecture. A
- This activity can be done with any lecture, video, or YouTube video. Teachers an research and determine the appropriateness of the age level and the video.