On Friday, September 11, we concluded the first month of the 2020-21 school year! Under normal circumstances that fact is not worthy of commemoration or even notice. However, in today’s bizarre world, I think that everyone in the Eaton Community deserves a hearty “Well Done!“
Matters have not been easy, but by working together and offering each other help and understanding, we have started the year successfully. In that line, I have included below a segment from CBS Sunday Morning that I think is apropos.
I want to re-emphasize a few key elements:
- Parents need to check their child’s temperature before leaving the house each day. Additionally, if children are not feeling well, parents should err on the side of caution and keep them home.
- Students should not be dropped off at school. They need to remain in the car until the school door has been opened. Also, parents should not leave until they see their child entering the school. We will send students whose temperature registers 100+ back to the car.
- ISP students should report to suite 310 upon arrival for their temperature checks.
- Students must wear masks to school. We will not send children without masks home. We will issue them a mask, and parents will be charged $5.00.
- Students who arrive after 8:45 should report to the school office in suite 300 for their temperature check.
Eaton offers a variety of programs to help families with students who are struggling with the online programs from other schools. If you know someone who could benefit from these programs, have them contact me.
I send a big “Thank you!” to everyone in our community for the support you’ve shown.
I hope that all is well in your homes.
Brian L. Uitvlugt
Celebrating More Than 25 Years of Excellence
Leave a Reply