We’ve had a wonderful first week! Thank you for having children here by 8:45 and picking them up on time. Students have acclimated nicely to the new school year. They have been organized and ready to learn. Such a positive attitude is always wonderful to see.
In order to maintain our momentum, I would like to remind you of several items:
- Next week our “Kiss and Go” procedure will begin. We are asking parents to drop students off in the carpool line or lobby in order to help foster the children’s independence and allow teachers to start the morning routine promptly. Sending emails and setting up conferences are the most effective methods to address programmatic issues and discuss individual progress. Morning drop-off time should be reserved for brief and timely items.
- Each student will be bringing home a Friday Folder at the end of each week. Please look through the folder, sign the sheet, and return everything on Monday.
- Please remember our long-standing policy with regard to picking up your children. If you arrive prior to your child’s dismissal time (whether that’s 1:45 or 2:45), please do not remain in the traffic lane; instead park in one of the spaces. I want to commend all of you for making this week’s pick-up a smooth one. We make every effort to expedite the students’ departure, and we greatly appreciate your help.
- As a reminder, students must wear collared shirts and khaki-style bottoms Monday through Thursday. Friday is dress down day. Students must also wear approved close-toed shoes (no five-toe shoes, crocs, sandals etc.). We appreciate your support in ensuring students are dressed according to code.
- During the next few weeks Karen Erickson, our receptionist, will begin contacting families who have missing forms 3 and 4 (medical and immunization). Students have 30 days from their initial start date to return these forms.
- Study hour begins next week. Students who are not signed up for study hour will need to be picked up by 1:45. All other enrichment activities will start after Labor Day.
- Lastly, I check my voicemail before I come down to the K-8 lobby (~8:15 a.m.) and at the end of the day (~3:30 p.m.). If you have a time sensitive message between those hours, and I cannot be reached by phone, please email me (email@example.com ). I check my email numerous times throughout the day.
As always, we appreciate your entrusting your children to us and anticipate a wonderful and successful school year!