Thanks so much for attending our Enrichment Party last night! It is always enjoyable to learn about the variety of student activities while spending an evening with other Eaton families. We had a great and tasty Cinco De Mayo celebration today. Many thanks to the generosity of London, Stephen, and Kimberly! Tomorrow, Mrs. Baldrich, Mr. Williams, and Ms. Cohan along with the 8 grade students and many parents will begin a weekend of fun in Savannah. This trip is the exiting culmination of Georgia studies.
The last weeks of school will include many end-of-year events and exams. I have highlighted these below:
- We are finishing up the administration of the Brigance Test of Basic Skills which began on Monday, May 2. All test scores and the final report card will be sent home the week of May 30.
- The Evening of Celebration will be at the Roswell Mill on Thursday, May 19 at 6:30 P.M. Although it is a special night for seniors, we do recognize rising 9th graders and students in the K-8. It is always a lovely evening with great food and company. I hope to see you there!
- Please remember that there will be no enrichment activities or study hour the week of May 23. All students need to be picked up by 1:45 Monday- Thursday that week.
- Final exams for our 7 and 8 grade Pods will be administered on Tuesday, May 24, and Thursday, May 26. Look for more information from your child’s teacher about the schedule.
- Gym Day will be held on Friday, May 27, from 10:00 A.M. to 12:45 P.M. All students will meet at Wills Park Gym on Wills Road for fun and food. Eaton will be ordering pizza. Look for the permission slips next week.
- Eaton has various camp offerings and opportunities for tutorial sessions throughout June and July. Please feel free to contact Lizzie about camps or visit our website http://www.eatonacademy.org/enrichment/summer-camp.php .
Please continue to be mindful of our standing policy with regard to picking up your children in the afternoon. If you arrive prior to your child’s dismissal time (whether that is 1:45 or 2:45), please do not remain in the traffic lane. You must park in one of the available spaces. We make every effort to expedite the students’ departure, and we depend upon your help. The same procedure also applies if you plan to enter the building. Our office neighbors are especially appreciative of the open access.
Finally, we wish a wonderful Mother’s Day to each of our delightful and supportive Eaton moms. ENJOY!