COVID Academic Support Program Terms of Service
- The monthly fee for the COVID Academic Support Program (ASP) is due at the beginning of each month of enrollment. Students may attend as many hours and days as their families wish. There is no adjustment in the fee based on attendance.
- Eaton Academy will provide an educator to supervise and facilitate students’ online learning from their existing schools’ platforms (herafter referred to as the facilitator).
- The facilitator is not tasked with “teaching” students any material. Rather, the facilitator will assist students with their virtual work by attempting to keep students on task and in proper communication with their existing schools’ learning environments. While the facilitator will make every effort to help the student complete each day’s work, Eaton cannot guarantee that the students’ daily work has been completed.
- The parent(s) will need to provide Eaton Academy with full information regarding that platform, including curricular expectations, contact details, deadlines, user names, passwords, and login times.
- Students must give their cell phones to the facilitator. Cell phones may not be used during instruction times. Parents must provide Eaton Academy with specific written instructions regarding their permission for students’ cell phone usage outside of instruction times. Note: Instruction herein means times when the student is to be working on the learning platform.
- Students must exhibit proper, respectful behavior and follow the directions of the facilitator. Significant misbehaviors will result in the student being sent home. Under such circumstance, Eaton Academy has sole discretion in determining when, or if, the student will be permitted to return to the ASP.
- There is no refund for absences or days at home for disciplinary reasons.
- Parents will need to insure that students have all their existing schools’ materials with them each day. Similarly, students should bring their own classroom supplies, water bottles, and lunches. Due to COVID concerns, there can be no sharing of supplies, water bottles, or food items.
- Students may participate in Eaton Academy’s local restaurant delivery program for lunch. Specific details will be emailed to ASP families.
- Students will need to bring “down time” items (tablets, drawing materials, or books) with which they will occupy themselves during breaks and upon completion of the day’s materials.