It is essential that our EDGE participants have breaks throughout the day in order to help them decompress and maintain balance, using recreational therapy, stress reduction, and mindfulness. Participants are encouraged to interact with each other and are allowed to bring items that they feel comfort them. Socialization is fostered by playing board games and working on puzzles together. EDGE participants are prompted to do things out of their comfort zone, such as yoga, basketball, volleyball, frisbee, and other games on our sport court outside.
- Participants thoroughly enjoy the recreation activities
- EDGE participants attend movies and other off campus activities
- Staff takes them to the park, on walks, and to historical places around town
- EDGE participants frequently attend our bowling club
- Our multi-use outdoor sport court is used daily