The development of our social skills curriculum evolves to meet the specific needs of the participants in LEAP With Support. One of the most profound commonalities amongst our participants in LEAP With Support is the difficulty of verbal communication. This deficit can be frustrating to potential employers. Our aim is to address this issue and educate employers about alternate ways of communicating with our participants. We are able to perform role-plays, use cue cards, model, and illustrate proper social skills in order to teach our participants in an experiential manner.
- Staff take a customized approach for each individual
- Social skill inventories are taken and strengths and areas of need are identified
- LEAP With Support participants are invited to attend our weekly bowling club
- Staff help modify certain behaviors of our participants
- Participants and their parents should notice a profound change in attitude, self-esteem, and social awareness by attending LEAP With Support