Participants who join LEAP can expect to develop the specific skills needed to live productively on their own. Instruction is provided in personal finance, shopping, meal planning, cooking, cleaning, and hygiene. These skills and others are cultivated in LEAP and are used for assessment in terms of transitioning into our LIFE program.
- LEAP staff teach participants proper cleaning techniques and which supplies and products to use in different situations
- Participants sweep, mop, clean floors, whiteboards, windows, arrange the classrooms, stack chairs, and clean the kitchen daily
- LEAP utilizes a full kitchen and prep room, complete with stainless steel prep tables, anti-cut gloves, ovens, and many other forms of cookware
- Participants are taught how to generate a meal plan, budget and shop for best ingredients, then prepare meals
- Food safety and storage is discussed
- Hygiene is addressed with students and the importance of adhering to our dress code is explained
- LEAP staff instruct participants on developing personal finance skills and creating weekly and monthly budgets