Eaton’s LEAP program is back in person for the summer of 2021 but will also have virtual options available. The program operates from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. During each three-week session, students will rotate through worksites, such as Burlington, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Rena’s Italian Grill to develop both hard and soft skills in a real work environment. This hands-on approach is essential to learn the necessary skills for employment.
- Ages served: 14 and up
- Lunch is served every day and a menu will be provided in advance. Our own participants work alongside staff in preparing these meals. All students rotate through our cooking experience.
- During the afternoon, students rotate through different classroom experiences such as social skill building, work readiness, personal fitness, and the Dave Ramsey program for personal finance. We offer a field trip experience every Friday.
- LEAP into Summer is comprehensive and created to give young adults the opportunity to explore what having a job will be like and help them develop needed confidence and self-esteem. It is wonderful to watch young people engage and make true friends during these sessions. This is a unique experience . . . one that is transformative for young adults. The LEAP into Summer program is one of a kind and offers young adults a true opportunity to grow in each way.
The classes consist of:
- social skills
- anxiety and stress management
- art therapy
- personal finance
- job readiness / interview skills
- communications and role-play
- independent living skills
- June 7–25, M-F, 9:00 – 3:00
- July 12–30, M-F, 9:00 – 3:00
Cost of this program is $2,200 per summer session. Trips and lunches are included in the cost.
For information and to start the application process, please contact Scott Baldrich firstname.lastname@example.org.