Running from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, Eaton’s LEAP into Summer program offers in person and virtual options. During each three-week session, students spend their mornings at local worksites, such as Burlington, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Crust Pasta & Pizzeria, to develop both hard and soft skills in real work environments. This hands-on approach is essential to learn the necessary skills for employment.
- Ages served: 14 and up
- Lunch is provided every day. Our participants work alongside staff in preparing these meals. All students rotate through our cooking experience.
- During the afternoon, students are taught social skills, work readiness, personal fitness, hands-on carpentry skills, and the Dave Ramsey program for personal finance.
- LEAP into Summer is comprehensive and created to give young adults the opportunity to explore what having a job will be like and help them develop needed confidence and self-esteem. It is wonderful to watch young people engage and make true friends during these sessions. This is a unique experience . . . one that is transformative for young adults. The LEAP into Summer program is one of a kind and offers young adults a true opportunity to grow.
The classes address:
- social skills
- anxiety and stress management
- personal finance
- job readiness / interview skills
- communications and role-play
- independent living skills
- June 6–24, M-F, 9:00 – 3:00
- July 11–29, M-F, 9:00 – 3:00
Cost of this program is $2,200 per summer session. Trips and lunches are included in the cost.
For information and to start the application process, please contact Scott Baldrich email@example.com.