From the President:
“Eaton Academy serves students who benefit from a more customized model of education designed to meet their personal needs.” Those personal needs are academic, social, emotional, and physical.
In previous blogs, we introduced “B” for Befriend only those that bring out the BEST in you, “E” for Excel in your natural talents, and “S” for Set Goals and do something every day to achieve them. Lastly, it’s time to continue your journey of being your “Potential BEST” by engaging in the following activities specifically designed to meet your personal needs: “T” for Treat others with the same level of respect you expect from others.
“Treat others with Respect” Activities: Are your tasks Auditory (A), Visual (V), and/or Kinesthetic/Tactile (K/T)?
Complete these tasks.
- List examples of good sportsmanship while playing games or sports. K/T
- Relate and analyze examples to real life current sports situations that exemplify good and bad sportsmanship. Use Google, YouTube, CNN, newspapers, etc to research. V, A, K/T
- Write and blog using http://edublogs.org/. This website allows students to blog within the safety and supervision of a teacher. K/T
- View video clip of Susan Boyle’s (singer) audition on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8P9d0zGZl4 or choose an appropriate YouTube video that you feel depicts an act of treating someone with disrespect. A, V
- Ask students to identify actions, words, or body language that could be considered disrespectful and respectful throughout the three-minute “Idol” audition or other video clip. Discuss respectful and/or disrespectful actions or words. A
CONTINUED “Treat others with Respect” Activities: Are your tasks Auditory (A), Visual (V), and/or Kinesthetic/Tactile (K/T)
Complete these tasks.
- Write or say one nice thing to a friend. A, K/T
- Write or say something encouraging to a friend that would help him with a problem you know he is A, K/T
- Monitor the tone in your voice when you are talking to others. Watch your friend’s face for feedback. Adjust your tone. A,V
- Be aware of and monitor body language. Are you aggressive? If so, back off!!! Give others their personal space. V